POSTURE ALIGNMENT FROM FEET TO CROWN
2 HOUR CLASSES
BRING THIS 8 Week Yoga/Pilates WORKSHOP with Kellie Jean Codianna to YOUR LOCATION!
- Week 1: Feet point forward and knees in line with hips. Exercises keeping knees, feet and hips in alignment
- Week 2: The hips, anterior, posterior and neutral pelvis. Do exercises sitting, standing, lying down on back, side and belly becoming connected to your pelvis.
- Week 3: Tight hamstrings? Do a flow and break down Downward Facing Dog to find out how you can learn to love it learning modifications. Ribcage vs Belly breathing. Breathing exercises (pranayama) with short meditation.
- Week 4: Many are nervous about backbends. The door to our heart is sometimes closed. We will explore them slowly using props and counter stretch with forward bends. (Props and hands on adjustments for support.)
- Week 5: Continue to explore backbends and discover where you are locked up. Backbends can feel scary and challenging because of low, mid or upper back. Feel supported and loved being guided to practice backbends safely. Options will be given. How do find space in our spine without compression and breathe?!
- Week 6: Learn how to keep your spine on its axis while doing twisting poses. Rapid or sometimes holding the breath while twisting is common. Learn how to take slow steady breaths to find calm and peace in the twist!
- Week 7: Going upside down! WHY? If you can shift your down dog out of your shoulders into the hips and legs, you are most likely ready to practice head or handstand. If not ready for this learning to hold down dog moving energy upspine and down the legs for 10 minutes or try Dolphin. This is also a scary place to go and I will help you and when your receive the benefits you will be amazed!
- Week 8: The last class will incorporate a FULL practice. It will be SLOW with a focus on alignment and breath.
Life is full of stresses and challenges.
Each class with end with a 10 minute Svanasana.
You will be guided into deep stillness!